Online reviews have become an increasingly crucial aspect of a business’s success. This is especially true for franchises and multi-location businesses that rely on customer loyalty and brand recognition to get more customers. With the rise of platforms like Google Reviews and social media platforms like Facebook, customers have more power than ever before to share their experiences with people searching in your community. See my blog on Digital Word of Mouth Marketing.
It’s surprising to me that many franchises are not focusing on their online reviews as a way to increase sales, boost social awareness, and improve brand reputation. In this blog, we’ll explore why multi-location businesses should harness the power of online reviews – and how you can use these insights to take your franchise to new SERP* heights. (*SERP = Search Engine Results Page)
It’s estimated that here’s 2.4B lost in the U.S. every year
According to SOCI, a digital marketing marketing evaluation platform, here are the mega dollars being left on the table in the United States:
“For instance, the average US business loses:
- $18.1 million per year for failing to improve search ranking.
- $4.8 million for ignoring reviews. – Wow!!
- $1.2 million for not building local audiences on social networks.
This totals an astonishing $2.4B in lost revenue per year! ”Source: THE $2.4B MISTAKE: WHY LOCAL ENGAGEMENT SHOULD BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY
5 simple things you can do
The most dollar effective way to capture more sales online is by maintaining your digital profiles on Google, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram – wherever your clients hang out.
Here are 5 simple things you can do to personalize your interactions with your customers:
- Respond to every online review or comment good or bad – Especially if it’s a negative review! See my blog on How to Win Back an Unsatisfied Customer
- Update your profile at least once a month. Let people know that you are there for them – and to let Google or Facebook know that you are actively engaging customers with their platforms.
- Add a photo to your listing when you complete a project or job – show people who you are and what you are doing in the community
- Email them a story on a regular basis. Use your customer list to send them an email about how you can save them money. Good old email is still the best way to reach people!
- Use an automated system to get online reviews from every customer Check out my blog, Online reviews – Why the Automated Ask is AWESOME!
Thanks for reading this far – give me a call!
I’m always open to talking to people about their businesses, and the most cost effective way to develop a great online reputation. Click here to schedule a 30 minute phone call, I’m looking forward to meeting you! At Unrivald our mission is to create an Unrivalled Digital presence for you. When you succeed, we succeed, there’s no other way!
Blair Shunk Founder Unrivald Digital